Artful Yoga Gallery is dedicated to Art that tells a story and heals, uplifts and evoke the human spirit.
We are looking for a dedicated Visuals Arts Technician to join our Art Gallery on a part-time basis.
The Arts Technician will curate the Art works and exhibitions, maintain the visual arts supplies and the ordering of materials.
The curation be mindful of the flow of the space as a medium for healing.
The Art Technician will be a committed and professional member of the art team and enhance the excellent reputation of the Art Gallery.
- Preparation and maintenance of art materials and equipment for general art areas, including appropriate labelling and ensuring materials are stored in the correct areas, regular cleanup of materials and art supply room, liaising with artist for the setup of materials for their exhibitions.
- Maintenance and assistance with visual art technology equipment, including printers, cameras, lights, printmaking, textile facilities.
- Preparation of art exhibitions (mounting, framing and installation in a professional and aesthetically pleasing manner).
- Administration and artist support, including ordering and distribution of materials, assistance with safety and compliance within the studio.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualification in Fine Art.
- Experience in a similar Art Technician role.
- Proficiency with equipment and materials for sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, textiles, photography, visual communications, mixed media, painting and drawing.
- Strong work ethic with a proven ability to connect with all walks of life.
- Employee Working with Children Check.
This is an ongoing, casual part time (Term time only) role, with monthly exhibitions. To commence immediately.
Send full Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org